For all elections, the voters of Polk County will cast their votes on the ballot, as illustrated.
- To Vote: You must blacken the oval completely with a black pen.
- To Write-In a Name: Blacken the oval to the left side of the dotted line and write-in the name on the dotted line
How to Complete Your Ballot
- Examine the ballot(s). Locate the candidates for each office and the YES or NO choice for each measure.
- Following the instructions on the ballot, mark the oval next to the candidate or response of your choice for each office or measure. USE A BLACK PEN.
To vote for a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, mark the oval next to the space provided on the ballot and write in the full name of the candidate.
Returning the Ballot
- SIGN the voter's statement on the back of the return envelope. Your ballot will NOT be counted if the envelope is not SIGNED.
- Place only YOUR voted ballot in the ballot secrecy sleeve.
- Place the secrecy sleeve in the return envelope and seal the return envelope.
- Mail or deliver the signed and sealed return envelope as soon as possible.
- Your voted ballot must be received by 8:00 p.m. on election day or it will not be counted.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the Polk County Clerk's Office.